sturgis

2019 Triumph Scrambler

Postby sturgis » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:40 am

:shock: nice!
Yorkie
Site Staff

Re: 2019 Triumph Scrambler

Postby Yorkie » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:17 am

The XE is the only one that has my attention. The basic one just seems wrong (at first glance at least).
Conclusion: Seems like a strange brew of tech and styling.
Don't doubt that it will sell well, if you look at the Ducati Scrambler sales figures for the last 2 years, it's clear to see that that is where the market interest is...or at least 'has been' in recent times.

Is it just me who looks at these big heavy (so called 'scrambers') and thinks that the punter is being sold a duff?....when it comes to the portrayal of bike and rider carving a fast line through some wilderness somewhere. Just looks like a pro rider is trying to hang on for dear life.
A bit like someone trying to teach an elephant to do ballet.

Ya gotta love the marketing hype..... :roll:
Compo

Postby Compo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Its a thumbs up from me, I bet Triumph will sell a few!
I'm not racist, I'll race anyone!
Andburg

Postby Andburg » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Not a fan of scrambler style....but the new speed twin looks interesting on paper.

Under 200kg and 96bhp should be pretty fun while apparently being comfortable
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:56 am

Yorkie wrote:The XE is the only one that has my attention. The basic one just seems wrong (at first glance at least).
Conclusion: Seems like a strange brew of tech and styling.
Don't doubt that it will sell well, if you look at the Ducati Scrambler sales figures for the last 2 years, it's clear to see that that is where the market interest is...or at least 'has been' in recent times.

Is it just me who looks at these big heavy (so called 'scrambers') and thinks that the punter is being sold a duff?....when it comes to the portrayal of bike and rider carving a fast line through some wilderness somewhere. Just looks like a pro rider is trying to hang on for dear life.
A bit like someone trying to teach an elephant to do ballet.

Ya gotta love the marketing hype..... :roll:

I don't see them as "Scramblers" more of a styling exercise to catch the market similar to Ducati as you said. Are you really going off into the wilds on your £12k scrambler that needs two people to pick it up when you've fallen off the fifteenth time in the mud!

As you read in a lot of the bike press, it's all about a 'lifestyle' now, look at places like the Bike shed in London and to a point, JemSpeed in Batley. Do you really go to a bike shop because you want a tattoo or a haircut?

I understand a cafe, as that is part of biker culture, but riding a 'designer' bike in your 'designer' clothes' to the designer' bike shop seems a bit twee to me. . . .
After me you're first :twisted:
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Rob_Wakey wrote:As you read in a lot of the bike press, it's all about a 'lifestyle' now, look at places like the Bike shed in London and to a point, JemSpeed in Batley. Do you really go to a bike shop because you want a tattoo or a haircut?

I understand a cafe, as that is part of biker culture, but riding a 'designer' bike in your 'designer' clothes' to the designer' bike shop seems a bit twee to me. . . .

I think i'll use that excuse for my own needs....."decided I couldn't ride a bike anymore because I couldn't face having to have a tattoo" ;)
Art
Site Staff

Postby Art » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:35 pm

Ha ha ha! I'm guessing that most of us don't really fit the demographic for potential customers of BikeShed and the like.
"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! " :twisted:

Return to “British Bikes”