If it where my home

Talk about anything, except politics, none of that, and religion, none of that either
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Re: If it where my home

Postby Rob_Wakey » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 pm

sturgis wrote:Finland / Helsinki ATM :lol:
You are not alone Yorkie, do you adapt you living after daylight?
I work earlier in the mornings on wintertime, besides turning the clock back one hour.

The good thing with living with this kind of season changes is that you get the whole cake, and when you long for something you really appreciate it and seize the time you have with it.

Snowboarding is great, healthy exercise, lots of fresh air, good nature, lots of sun and don't forget about the afterskie bar.
If you missed out afterski on a Swedish bar you haven't seen it all 8-) .

France sounds great Rob, they got a good living going for them.
What part of France are you looking into?

I would go for something less crowded, like Georgia, but that's just me :).

Hi Sturgis

Not going for a while yet as I was telling Yorkie yesterday, but it’s finding a balance convenience and location.

We did have a holiday home down on the south coast of France about half way between
Perpignan and the Spanish border a few years back for about 5 years. It was great as you were near the Pyrenees and lots of other great areas but getting there was either 800 mike slog from Calais or fly/hire a car.

Even that got a bit awkward as airlines change their routes and it was becoming harder to find cheap flights the times that we wanted to go.

So when we do it next I’m most probably looking in the southern Normandy area as I know it pretty well around the Natural Parcs at Normandy-Main/Perche areas maybe.

Also it better weather than the north of England (sorry northern ppl) and you can use virtually all of the ferry companies and then drive so much easier.

Anyway that’s the plan but it will be a couple of years yet, but if any ones remembers by the I am sure u can organise a sort of “biking house warming party” 8-) :D
After me you're first :twisted:
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Yorkie wrote:Lol......You're sold on the idea of migrating to France. I remember what you've said in the past.

Ok....just one thing. I would like to suggest that maybe head as south as possible so I can visit you for December, February & March and enjoy a bit more warmth and a bit more light....Ok....It's good that we've got that sorted. :D

I have a mate who has an old farmhouse that he's renovating for a holiday home.....here....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/864 ... 0516?hl=en

Maybe not far enough south for me Rob.........Just so you know....Lol :D

Yorkie

Link doesn’t seem to work but as we talked about it yesterday just let me know the place name again.

As I told you, I am not intending to go south, more for convenience than anything to make sure it gets used, (although I’ll be there a lot ;) )

Anyway I’m sure wherever it is the roads willl be good and the company awesome :lol:
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Rob_Wakey wrote:Yorkie

Link doesn’t seem to work but as we talked about it yesterday just let me know the place name again.

As I told you, I am not intending to go south, more for convenience than anything to make sure it gets used, (although I’ll be there a lot ;) )

Anyway I’m sure wherever it is the roads willl be good and the company awesome :lol:

That's strange. The link works for me :? .....try looking for Civray....Just inland from La Rochelle.
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 pm

Yorkie wrote:
Rob_Wakey wrote:Yorkie

That's strange. The link works for me :? .....try looking for Civray....Just inland from La Rochelle.

Yep most probably been though/past there in the years gone past.

It’s only about an hour from Poitiers where Futuroscope is, went there with my lad a number of years ago when it wasn’t such a touristy theme park but a collection of areas to see different film/moving image exhibitions.

First time i saw iMax, a 180deg 3D cinema, a 3D virtual roller closet and lots more, we went in when it opened and left when it closed and still didn’t see everything.

There was even a cinematic show in the evening where the films etc were projected onto ‘dancing’ fountains ina lake. Hard to describe but fascinating.

Anyway enough of the French tourist board talk and back to checking eBay for bikes n bits while the lass is in bed ;)

Return to “General Chat”