If it where my home

Talk about anything, except politics, none of that, and religion, none of that either
sturgis

If it where my home

Postby sturgis » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Data is beautiful, try it out :).

https://www.ifitweremyhome.com/

If The United States were your home instead of Sweden you would...
https://www.ifitweremyhome.com/compare/SE/US
Andburg

Re: If it where my home

Postby Andburg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Weirdly it didn’t say if I lived in Belgium I’d be forever inebriated
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:03 am

Ifitweremyhome.........i'd be just as critical of it as the home I live in now.......me....i'm never satisfied.....lol.

So Sturgis......the thought of the Swedish winter getting you down already? ;) .......If so, the thought of a UK one isn't helping me. That's for sure. :cry: .....

......so..........where we heading?......hmm??........Belgium wouldn't have entered my thoughts at all if Andy hadn't gone and got his beer goggles welded to his face (as usual....lol :D ;) )

The Bahamas for the winter would have been quite an uplifting thought before the hurricane season arrived a short while ago. :?

.....any other suggestions :?: :)
Andburg

Postby Andburg » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:26 am

I dont mind the cold of winter if its properly winter.

My vote, lets leave the bike and grab the Skis!
sturgis

Postby sturgis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Andburg wrote:Weirdly it didn’t say if I lived in Belgium I’d be forever inebriated

:lol:

So Sturgis......the thought of the Swedish winter getting you down already? ;) .......If so, the thought of a UK one isn't helping me. That's for sure. :cry: .....

I've planned 3weeks vacation in Austria-Switzerland for some snowboarding, I hope that will do some good.
Plus I've bunked up with plenty of D-vitamins to keep my mood stable :D .

But hell ye, it sneaks up on you :shock: .
Any day now it will be pitch black 3 in the afternoon.
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Yep....It's the short daylight hours that kills it for me......er...and the cold......especially the damp/wet.....one muddy dog to wash after every walk....PITA...Lol...

At least we're not in Finland though, for example. That would mess with my head too much during the winter months.....Ok....I've just convinced myself (yet again...same every autumn) that i'll stick with where I am and be thankful. :|

....Snowboarding?...and downhill high speed skiing etc.....isn't that for people who like to travel around in ambulances? ( :twisted: )......I thought biking was dangerous enough.....(that's me, once more trying to be humourous...as usual :D )......If i'm honest, snow isn't my favourite kind of water based environmental layer......but one really great thing about it is that I don't need to wash my dog......who doesn't seem to want to snowboard either, incidentally... :)
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Right so with me wanting to retire to France. . . . . then now I find I'll be worse off finically. . . liable to to be at risk to catch Aids. . . . .use loads of oil and electric. . . . . but

I can partake in the french farmers strikes for a laugh. . . . .
drink wine with my breakfast. . . . . .
eat lots of nice food. . . . . . .
sit outside cafes and not feel like I'm going to choke on carbon monoxide (what possess people to think the pavement cafe culture works in the UK in the middle of a congested city!) . . . .. . .
get to ogle the pretty french ladies and drool, "just a little bit" when they talk with that accent. . . .
Ride on brilliant roads and still be able to drink at lunchtime cos you'd be sharing a table with the local gendarmes. . . .

Sounds a good swap to me. . . . 8-)
After me you're first :twisted:
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Lol......You're sold on the idea of migrating to France. I remember what you've said in the past.

Ok....just one thing. I would like to suggest that maybe head as south as possible so I can visit you for December, February & March and enjoy a bit more warmth and a bit more light....Ok....It's good that we've got that sorted. :D

I have a mate who has an old farmhouse that he's renovating for a holiday home.....here....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/864 ... 0516?hl=en

Maybe not far enough south for me Rob.........Just so you know....Lol :D
sturgis

Postby sturgis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:04 am

Finland / Helsinki ATM :lol:
You are not alone Yorkie, do you adapt you living after daylight?
I work earlier in the mornings on wintertime, besides turning the clock back one hour.

The good thing with living with this kind of season changes is that you get the whole cake, and when you long for something you really appreciate it and seize the time you have with it.

Snowboarding is great, healthy exercise, lots of fresh air, good nature, lots of sun and don't forget about the afterskie bar.
If you missed out afterski on a Swedish bar you haven't seen it all 8-) .

France sounds great Rob, they got a good living going for them.
What part of France are you looking into?

I would go for something less crowded, like Georgia, but that's just me :).
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:13 am

sturgis wrote:You are not alone Yorkie, do you adapt you living after daylight?
I work earlier in the mornings on wintertime, besides turning the clock back one hour.

The good thing with living with this kind of season changes is that you get the whole cake, and when you long for something you really appreciate it and seize the time you have with it.

Snowboarding is great, healthy exercise, lots of fresh air, good nature, lots of sun and don't forget about the afterskie bar.
If you missed out afterski on a Swedish bar you haven't seen it all 8-) .

Yes I do, but for me, there's still not enough of it (daylight......sunshine......WARMTH.........Brrrr)

You go ahead and enjoy your winter sports. If you don't mind, i'll just meet up with you in the bar ;)

Snow is kinda in your blood, I reckon. That's cool......(Literally!....Lol....)

I can well imagine that any Swede who can't ski by the age of 3 is called the devil and burned at the stake :D

And... 'proper' Scandinavian snow....the stuff that stays for weeks/months rather than our UK dirty/icy/slushy excuse for snow...helps make the landscape much lighter when the darkness falls.

Return to “General Chat”