Is it "just that time of year again?"

Talk about anything, except politics, none of that, and religion, none of that either
Housey

Re: Is it "just that time of year again?"

Postby Housey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:50 pm

[quote="Rob_Wakey"]I'm always out and about whenever I can be, some are wussy and don't like getting a bit of good old road salt on their bikes :lol: or are busy with work and stuff.

Rob I ride all year round, just not my XR because it's got a lot of polished alloy and I'm not that clean on polishing, :oops:
I've got a DR650 which is more durable, and a ZX9 which is more comfortable for distance (well until I get my XR seat back from the upholsterer).
I will admit though I don't get out on any of my bikes as much as I'd like, mainly because I only live 1 1/2 miles from work so I cycle mainly, unless it's raining then I take my DR. :?
If it ain't broke, chances are I didn't touch it :roll:
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Housey, my comments were tongue in cheek about wusses. (Sort of ;) )

I haven't used my bikes that much due to work mainly but until I got the company motor a couple of years back I commuted every day on the XR unless it was snowing.

Prior to that I had a Dyna superglide that I commuted on,( 55 k miles in 5 years), just washed it once a week. Yep there was a bit of corrosion but it was a bike and it got ridden.

Since I first got a bike at 16 I've commuted to school,then work all my life by bike until now. Pain in the bum really having to use the car plus I now don't go out on the bike unless the weather looks ok.

Strange it never bothered me too much when I commuted but now I have a choice (and getting older before Art chimes on), I am most probably getting a bit wussy myself.
After me you're first :twisted:
Tom

Postby Tom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:28 pm

...too much work in the office; bike still needs "some" work...

170319_a.jpg
170319_a.jpg (159.82 KiB) Viewed 1690 times

170319_b.jpg
170319_b.jpg (133.28 KiB) Viewed 1690 times

meantime also here in the north of Germany the weather was absolutely perfect for a first ride... :(
maybe next weekend (easter) will change front motor mounts and swingarm bearings...
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 am

"I'm bored, I know what, I'll dismantle and reassemble my XR" typical day in Germany for Tom :lol:
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 pm

lol! ok, you know me very well... :D
geno

Postby geno » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Where is the swingarm Tom?
Last night I felt Immortal.
This morning I feel dead.
Tom

Postby Tom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 am

It's still on the workbench; next to the motor mounts I also want to change the swing arm bearings / they are a little bit weak; I ordered the Drag Specialties bearings and received them last week; unfortunately currently almost no leisure time; hopefully next weekend some hours to do the motor mounts and the bearings; I want to test the new DS-poly-hybrid mounts first with the 18" front wheel and want to add the 17" with the new Metzelers afterwards.
The Burpster

Postby The Burpster » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:52 am

I started this thread not asking if you folks were out riding, but more..... "I understand the weather isnt exactly ideal and, I'm just as guilty as anyone else for that. It was more - well everyone May have a good reason not to be riding but there is very little activity in HERE!"

Some of the threads havent been posted on in months.... :cry:
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 pm

As I said Burpy, there are people on here who jojned but never said ought, think it'll pick up now the weathers improving. . . .. or not :lol:
Art
Site Staff

Postby Art » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 pm

The Burpster wrote:I started this thread not asking if you folks were out riding, but more..... "I understand the weather isnt exactly ideal and, I'm just as guilty as anyone else for that. It was more - well everyone May have a good reason not to be riding but there is very little activity in HERE!"

Some of the threads havent been posted on in months.... :cry:

People who live in glass houses springs to mind, how long didya go missing? Ya gotta giggle.
"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! " :twisted:

Return to “General Chat”