Helmet Camera

Talk about anything, except politics, none of that, and religion, none of that either
Bugrug

Helmet Camera

Postby Bugrug » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Firstly, its nearly time to get the bikes out, whooo hooo.... :D

Secondly, I'm seriously considering a helmet camera this year, do any of us here have recommendations for these?
I say helmet camera as I don't really want to clutter the bike up the bars or fairing mounted option, plus, knowing me Id likely leave the thing on the bike and then its potential for "disappearing" when parked up increases.....

Preferences
Choice for "rolling record" over say a 4 hour period
Battery life forever
Good visual definition, its a safety / after incident thing for me, not an action recorder so super hi def isnt really needed, so long as it can record a number plate clearly and a persons image / face
Audio capability
Reasonably discrete
Ease of use
Waterproof
Value for money

Any experience or pointers from folks is most welcome
If it aint broke, it aint fixed proper, yet.........
Yorkie
Site Staff

Re: Helmet Camera

Postby Yorkie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Faz.....He's got a fair bit of experience with helmet cams.
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Think you'll find there's a number of good small cameras about now Bug, I tried my GoPro on helmet but never really got tot the stage of not knowing it was there.

A guy at work has one I'll find out what it is.

Like Yorkie says, Faz has one although we're still waiting for the footage from Norfolk to appear! :?
After me you're first :twisted:
Pete R
Site Staff

Postby Pete R » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:29 am

I have a Senna 10c. It combines a camera with a Bluetooth earpiece for Satnav, comms, music, phone etc. It's a bit pricey but it does the job and keeps everything in one place.

Senna 10C Bluetooth Camera

I've also have an older GoPro but plan to fit that to the bikes so I can edit from one to the other afterwards.

The Sena 10c is available at various places online, I've linked one below, It's available from some UK Bike retailers too. :?:

Sena 10C Online retailer

Here's a little bit of video of mine in action last year. I was on my Buell Ulysses at the time as we were carting kit back from Mount Edgcumbe near Plymouth. This video was a test and mainly done for my Younger son who is riding his Triumph Tiger.

Must get some done on the XR this year. ;)

:)
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 am

Rob_Wakey wrote:...........Faz has one although we're still waiting for the footage from Norfolk to appear! :?

....I think he's concerned about publishing it just in case half of us gets done for wreckless riding ;)
Bugrug

Postby Bugrug » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 am

Pete R wrote:I have a Senna 10c. It combines a camera with a Bluetooth earpiece for Satnav, comms, music, phone etc. It's a bit pricey but it does the job and keeps everything in one place.

Wow, that is one nifty bit of kit, thanks for the heads up. After reading the specs its has given me some food for thought, satnav on telephone, hooked to camera to earpiece etc. Just wish it was half the price..... :shock:
If it aint broke, it aint fixed proper, yet.........
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Yorkie wrote:
Rob_Wakey wrote:...........Faz has one although we're still waiting for the footage from Norfolk to appear! :?

....I think he's concerned about publishing it just in case half of us gets done for wreckless riding ;)

Us . . . Reckless! . . More like a pensioners ride out :lol:
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Nice clear video Pete, think I need to play more with my GoPro after seeing that.

Return to “General Chat”