PM System Upgrade

Site Announcements, Rules of Posting
Pete R
Site Staff

PM System Upgrade

Postby Pete R » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:43 am

Hi All

As some were having difficulties with their PM systems I've upgraded the allowances from 50 to 100 stored PMs per box (in, out, sent etc.).

However I've also changed the system so that rather than preventing any new messages from getting through when the box is full, the system will now push the oldest ones out and replace them with the newest ones. If you have any important messages you want to hang on to you can create an additional folder for storing them in using the 'Rules, folders and settings' controls over on the left hand side of your PM screen.

PM me if you're still having any problems.

Service with a smiley. :)

Pete
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Re: PM System Upgrade

Postby Rob_Wakey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:43 am

Nice one Pete, although I cleared my inbox out the other day lol

Btw I'm down your way again next week, I've got a visit to do in Cardiff first thing Monday morning and then driving onto a stopover I guess in Redruth (as I know the hotel there), ready for a survey in Falmouth first thing Tuesday morning and then a drive to another survey in Honiton before heading home!

So I reckon I'll be passing your area late Monday afternoon and then again late Tuesday morning. :roll:

Makes me wonder why we have an office in Taunton . . . but then again after the last time we passed stuff on it was easier to do it yourself!
After me you're first :twisted:
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:20 am

My inbox or sent box isn't even close to being full. My problem seems to be sending a new message. It go's into the outbox when I hit send buy then just seems to stay there and not send. It's happened before. I now have two messages sitting there that have never sent. Can't do nowt with'em.
Art
Site Staff

Postby Art » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:26 am

Yorkie wrote:My inbox or sent box isn't even close to being full. My problem seems to be sending a new message. It go's into the outbox when I hit send buy then just seems to stay there and not send. It's happened before. I now have two messages sitting there that have never sent. Can't do nowt with'em.

I had that before, turned out it just needed the recipient to log in before the mail sent.
"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! " :twisted:
Pete R
Site Staff

Postby Pete R » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:39 am

There's nothing wrong with your email box, that's a feature of this system Yorkie. The mail remains available in your outbox until the recipient opens it. It has been sent and is available in the recipients box but will not move to your sent box until it has been accessed. Unfortunately if the recipient had not cleared their inbox your PM will not have been able to get through. The latest change will take care of that by automatically deleting their oldest stored messages to make way for the new ones.
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:54 pm

Ok thanks Pete. Seems logical I suppose.

My worrying and mental turmoil is over :D
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Rob_Wakey wrote:Nice one Pete, although I cleared my inbox out the other day lol

Btw I'm down your way again next week, I've got a visit to do in Cardiff first thing Monday morning and then driving onto a stopover I guess in Redruth (as I know the hotel there), ready for a survey in Falmouth first thing Tuesday morning and then a drive to another survey in Honiton before heading home!

So I reckon I'll be passing your area late Monday afternoon and then again late Tuesday morning. :roll:

Makes me wonder why we have an office in Taunton . . . but then again after the last time we passed stuff on it was easier to do it yourself!

Falmouth got cancelled so not your way after all Pete :shock:
After me you're first :twisted:

Return to “Announcements”