Livewire linup

Other US made bikes that aren't XR1200s
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Re: Livewire linup

Postby Rob_Wakey » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Yorkie wrote:Can anyone enlighten me as to why the 'engine' is so massive looking?

Looks out of proportion to the bike as a whole.

I have read very little about the bike. I suppose my guess would be that as it's been designed for long interstate hauls so has a huge battery pack???

...or could it be just HD macho styling??

Think you’ll find it’s more styling as the range is only in the hundred miles or so category..

The zero bikes have large battery areas but hidden behind styling, I actually like the look of the HD bike as it is, (guess I’m into macho!) :o
After me you're first :twisted:
Housey

Postby Housey » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:57 pm

Rob_Wakey wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Can anyone enlighten me as to why the 'engine' is so massive looking?

I have read very little about the bike. I suppose my guess would be that as it's been designed for long interstate hauls so has a huge battery pack???

Think you’ll find it’s more styling as the range is only in the hundred miles or so category..

The zero bikes have large battery areas but hidden behind styling, I actually like the look of the HD bike as it is, (guess I’m into macho!) :o

Don't forget HD will still be using lead acid, not lithium :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it ain't broke, chances are I didn't touch it :roll:
tricky

Postby tricky » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:46 pm

:shock:
Last edited by tricky on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:51 pm

Housey wrote:
Rob_Wakey wrote:

Don't forget HD will still be using lead acid, not lithium :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:59 pm

This company seem to me, to be heading in the right direction from a design direction point of view...at least for the immediate future of electric vehicles.
Some great design details and features being showcased on this new line up of vehicles.

Very interesting interview highlighting quite a few potential off road advantages. Exciting!

Tom

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 am

I like the Rivian; indeed very interesting details!
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:35 pm

But although the electric vehicles all seem to be nice and friendly to polar bears and the tree hugging community, you're still going to need the dirty old power stations to produce the electricity to charge them, or do people really still believe that wind farms and waves machines are a viable alternative. :oops:

Just think with the short range of electric bikes (and some cars) at present, journeys that you now take for granted in a few hours may take a day or two to allow for repeated charging, the future of travel regressing to the days of the horse. ;)

I wonder in the future if our descendants will be making illegal stills to produce petrol for their illicit combustion engined vehicles and having illegal races at night on unused motor racing circuits. :D
After me you're first :twisted:
Yorkie
Site Staff

Postby Yorkie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Rob_Wakey wrote:I wonder in the future if our descendants will be making illegal stills to produce petrol for their illicit combustion engined vehicles and having illegal races at night on unused motor racing circuits. :D

Interesting thought.

I hope so :D
Housey

Postby Housey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:44 pm

The future will be like Mad Max, Beyond the Thunderdome :lol:
If it ain't broke, chances are I didn't touch it :roll:
Art
Site Staff

Postby Art » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Housey wrote:The future will be like Mad Max, Beyond the Thunderdome :lol:

Might be closer than you think, :roll:
"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! " :twisted:

Return to “US Machines”