Selling my ex Race Bike

A place for Art to sell bikes and bits of bikes
wavey_davey

Selling my ex Race Bike

Postby wavey_davey » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Guys,

With a fair degree of sadness I've decided to sell my Harris XR1200. I've had some health issues last year, which whilst now hopefully behind me, meant I took some fundamental decisions on what I wanted to spend time on (and not just which bikes!).

Apologies I haven't been round here much recently, but I did enjoy my time on this forum, and of course, my time on the XR1200!

The advert goes live on eBay on Wednesday evening and finishes 10 days later on Sat evening.

I'll copy the link on here once it goes live.

Cheers

Dave
Compo

Re: Selling my ex Race Bike

Postby Compo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:37 pm

Thats a shame Dave but I can fully appreciate the circumstances.

I'm not sure what the market is like for these things now, they don't come up for sale very often, 5 or 6 years ago there was always at least one for sale, same scenario with the parts. Its mainly racing fans that were around BSB in 2010 and 2011 that remember them, a bit like me, if I hadn't seen (and heard) them racing I probably wouldn't understand what they were about.

Don't be put off by overseas buyers, thats where the interest seems to be although I hope someone in the uk buys it and puts it back to or near to race trim, I would like to get at least three of them reunited one day.

I think a pic of it in its racing days would work well in the advert.

Good luck with the sale ;)
I'm not racist, I'll race anyone!
Art
Site Staff

Postby Art » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Dave that is a shame, I appreciate your position, been there, done that, regretted it, bought another one.......often.

Everytime I sell an XR I end up regretting it, even if I am unable to ride at the time. The current bike has been bought back four times now.

Be sure you want to let it go before you list it, the race bikes are a little bit special and as such would be very difficult to replace, if money were no object I feel sure there would be one on my lounge wall right now but the sad truth is I struggle to keep the one I got.

Good luck with the sale, I will be very interested to see what it makes.
"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! " :twisted:
Rob_Wakey
Site Staff

Postby Rob_Wakey » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 am

As Compo said you don't see these about and would not realise what thy are if you had never seen one race.

My heart is tempted but my head says I don't ride enough to justify another bike, good luck with the sale.
After me you're first :twisted:
wavey_davey

Postby wavey_davey » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:08 pm

Thanks guys, and I agree with the sentiment!

Polishing it up for the photos and putting it on the paddock stand, I ended up just walking round it and gawping, they are lovely looking (and sounding) things aren't they!

Here's the link, 2 bids already!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-VERY-SPECI ... 3030701662

I'll also be selling my BSA Rocket Three and a very nice Guzzi T3 California in a few weeks, but keeping a couple of old classics just to keep my hand in!

I've felt like putting a few of the lovely bikes I've owned up on the wall, actually had a 1968 Bonneville in the lounge when my girlfriend (now wife) moved in, that lasted about a week!! :shock:

All the best for now..

Dave
Art
Site Staff

Postby Art » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:57 am

Nicely written listing. Wish I still had my T3 to part ex. Sometimes I just wish my pockets were a bit deeper. Good luck.
"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! " :twisted:
Compo

Postby Compo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:05 pm

I am pleasantly surprised at the price it reached, goes to show there's a bit of interest in them. I hope it stayed in the uk and I also hope Dave pointed the new owner to this group, time will tell :)
I'm not racist, I'll race anyone!

Return to “Marketplace”